We are currently recruiting for the OMLC Selection & Learning Program for CNC Machinists and CNC Operators to work at manufacturing companies in the Greater Toronto Area, Kitchener / Waterloo, Cambridge and Guelph areas.
What We Are Looking For
- Youth eligible to work in Ontario between the ages of 18-29
- Youth with the right aptitude, attitude, and personal characteristics
- Youth looking to start a career in manufacturing, specifically machining
Through both classroom and on the job paid training, successful recruits will be trained to start a career in Ontario’s booming manufacturing industry as CNC Machinists and CNC Operators.
- program, operate, and maintain CNC Machines.
- set up machines that are capable of cutting, bending, forming, and polishing raw metal into finished parts and tools.
- read and interpret blueprints, programs and input data into a computer system
- monitor production, make careful adjustments, and inspect the accuracy of a machine’s operation and resulting parts
- work with CNC machines such as drills, lathes, mills, presses and others that shape metals and plastics into finished parts or workpieces.
- read work instructions, load the machine with materials or workpieces, start machines and monitor operations to ensure it is performing properly.
- unload the finished part/workpiece from the machine and inspect the item to ensure it complies with all quality standards and technical specifications.
- deburr and/or polish completed parts/workpieces
How To Apply To The OMLC Program
First, visit www.omlc.ca to learn more about both the CNC Machinist and CNC Operator programs.
- For Youth: detailed information can be found about the programs – including videos showing the roles in action – and there are links to apply directly via Manpower Group.
- For Companies – detailed information can be found about how the program can help your business, the financial incentives available, the process, and who you can speak to about participating in the program.