The Work Based Learning Consortium is now recruiting candidates for the CNC Machinist Learning Program – with a start date in early Fall 2020 in the Greater Toronto Area.
CNC Machinist Learning Program
The CNC Machinist learning program is an industry developed program to help talented and hard working people develop CNC Machinist [Level 1] skills while employed in a permanent full time job with an advanced manufacturing company. The Fall 2020 intake has a focus on Women In CNC Machining.
Over 26 weeks, successful candidates will:
- Participate in a one day orientation where they will meet their Coaches and tour a CNC facility.
- Immediately start working full time at an employer where they will be given tasks every day on the job – and get paid!
- Study a comprehensive multimedia e-learning program – developed to teach you the knowledge you require to become competent as a CNC Machinist [Level 1] and complete quizzes, tests, and exams that will measure your knowledge.
- Complete e-learning driven shop floor assignments that reinforce learned concepts.
- Participate in weekly online meetings with a CNC Instructor and the other trainees.
- Attend a 3 day session in the CNC Training Shop where you will get practical hands-on experience on a CNC mill and CNC lathe.
- Get regular guidance and coaching from Shop Floor Trainers.
- Have access to a Coach who will help guide your journey as needed.
- And finally, upon successful completion – get certified as a CNC Machinist [Level 1].
CNC Machinist Learning Program Trainees
We are looking for women 18+ to apply to join our Fall 2020 cohort.
See the flyer below and learn more about the program at www.workbasedlearning.ca/cncmjobseekers to apply today!