Work-Based Learning Program:
Info for Job Seekers
Does This Describe You?
- I am good with details
- I like physical work and I can easily lift 13 kg
- I enjoy working relatively independently
- I want to have responsibility and be accountable for things I do
- I would rather be busy all the time than having periods of inactivity
- I like being on my feet, doing stuff, rather than sitting at a desk
- I have great stamina
- I am a reliable person
- I am able to keep working at a task longer than most other people
- I like working with my hands
If you can answer Yes to many of these statements, then consider applying to this Program.
What Does A Packer Do?
The Packer position is an essential role in the production and assembly of products. As a Packer you will be required to inspect, assemble, and pack product on a 12-hour continental shift. Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Ability to repetitive lift product of 5kgs regularly and lift product weighing up to 13kgs
- Inspect product to ensure it complies with our quality standards
- Follow work instructions
- Pack product into containers or onto skids as per work instructions
- Label products in accordance to the workorder or packing protocol
- Communicate and work effectively with team members
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Work safety in accordance with health and safety policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
What’s The Process?
Apply, complete an assessment, and get interviewed
Get HIRED as a Packer at a Canadian manufacturing company.
Start working and get great on the job training to get certified.